A Quick Guide to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Operating System Software
When you're responsible for the network of your business, you want a quality operating system that will help you get your tasks done. eBay has a wide selection of operating systems for your network like Windows Server 2003 R2. More powerful than the operating systems for their desktop counterparts, server operating systems let you efficiently handle corporate networking, internet hosting, databases, enterprise-level messaging, and other similar functions.What does R2 in Windows Server 2003 mean?
Windows Server 2003 R2, the second release offering in March 2007, was the new version of the original release which came out in April 2003. The second release featured a list of solid updated and new features to Windows Server 2003. Find a copy of either version on eBay today at reasonable prices.What new features were offered in Windows Server 2003 R2?
Autocad 2010 activation code generator. The Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 brings some compelling new features including:
- Virtual Server 2005: One of the best features of Windows Server 2003 R2 is Virtual Server 2005. It's actually a separate product, but you're entitled to use it free with the R2 Enterprise Edition of Windows Server 2003. The Enterprise Edition of R2 allows consumers to run up to four virtual machines (VMs) at no additional costs.
- SFU: With Windows Server 2003 R2, Microsoft finally addresses the challenge of interoperability for UNIX (SFU). SFU provides a variety of integration tools like 300 UNIC utilities, Perl, password, synchronization, NFS server support, and more.
- FSRM: An MMC plug-in enabling volume-based quota management, the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) allows you to create hard or soft quotas so you can limit the space allowed for a folder or volume or to notify users when a quota has been exceeded.
- DFS: The Distributed File System (DFS) has been rewritten and has an added, more efficient file-replication technology called Remote Differential Compression (RDS). RDC only sends the difference between files (not the whole file) when synchronizing files between remote servers.
- Storage Manager for SANs: Designed to make SAN technology more accessible by allowing you to create and manage LUNs on SANs that support Virtual Disk Service (VDS), the Storage Manager for SANs is improved in this release.
The Standard Edition of Windows Server 2003 R2 is meant for small to medium businesses. This version supports file and printer sharing, Internet connectivity, and provides for centralized desktop application deployment. With this edition, Windows can run up to four processors with up to 4 GB RAM. A version for 64-bit versions as well for the AMD x86-64 architecture and its Intel counterpart, EM64T.
The Enterprise Edition of Windows Server 2003 R2 is meant for medium to large businesses and is a full-function server operating system. The system can support up to eight processors and allows for enterprise-class features like eight-node clustering using the Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS) software and supports up to 32 GB of memory. There's also a 64-bit edition of this for Intel and AMD 186-64.
Resident evil 2 free download. 7 hours ago - This specially tuned demo allows you to experience the newly reimagined Resident Evil 2, but be warned: whilst you can continue as many times as you like after dying, you'll only have 30 MINUTES to complete the demo. Note: this demo is available until 1/31/2019. Please reconnect. Witness the return of Resident Evil 2. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2. Windows 8 has been removed from the system requirement since it is no longer.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft.
OK - Weird one.
I've been running W7 since first beta and using the same server as long (Windows 2k3 R2 upto date patching). I have 3 W7 machines and two XP machines.
About two weekes ago my server rebooted itself in the middle of the night (an update i assume - not sure who turned auto update on).
Now I can't connect to shares or printers on the servers from the W7 machines. I get a security pop up box which I put in the right accounts ( eg xxxservernameadministrator and several other account.
None will connect to the server - all still works as normal from XP ?
Any ideas - i've tried everything I can think of