Pentium E5400 DriversPosted : admin On 4/19/2019
Sold and Shipped by Newegg
- 800 MHz FSB
- 45nm Wolfdale 65W
- 2MB L2 Cache
- Warranty & Returns
With the Wolfdale core, Intel pours more power into the Pentium package. The 45nm process allows Intel to reduce power requirements to 65W. Lower power means less CPU heat, which translates to lower system heat and longer system life. They also pack more features into the chip.
Mame32 roms pack free download. Please scroll down for more sections and remember to share this page. Welcome to the MAME Single Download Mega Rom Packs section. You can also vote for your favourite system.
The L2 cache has been bumped to 2MB and the Front Side Bus has been pushed to 800MHz. You can now use both DDR2 and the hot new DDR3 memory for extreme performance. They also boosted memory access and execution speed with Wide Dynamic Execution and Smart Memory Access. These technologies work together to let the processor handle more instructions with more data per clock cycle. You'd better watch out -- your enemies will be shooting back faster now!
The Advanced Digital Media Boost feature has been enhanced with the addition of the SSE4 instruction set and Intel HD Boost, to give your entertainment experience better audio and video processing. It will also help with speech recognition, engineering and scientific applications. Most important of all is the enhanced security that comes with increased speed and encryption power.
- Specialized Dual-core Microarchitecture The Intel Pentium processor includes dual execution cores in a single processor to enable execution of parallel threads or applications simultaneously, resulting in revolutionary dual-core performance, breakthrough energy efficiency and exceptional system response time when running multi-threaded applications, or multiple demanding applications. The innovative 45nm fabrication technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
- Intel Advanced Smart Cache Intel Advanced Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared L2 cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from the fast L2 cache, resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and overall improved performance.
- Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) Intel EM64T provides an enhancement to Intel 32-bit architecture by enabling the mobile processor platform to access larger amounts of memory. With appropriate 64-bit hardware and software, platforms based on an Intel processor supporting Intel EM64T can enable use of extended virtual and physical memory.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease the average power consumption and heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST provides an excellent balance between supplying power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB) Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious 'buffer overflow' attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas of the memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code into the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.
Learn more about Pentium Dual-Core E5400
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Manufacturer Contact Info
- Manufacturer Product Page
- Website: https://www.intel.com
- Support Phone: 1-916-377-7000
- Support Website
- Return Policies
- Return for refund within: Non-refundable
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy.
Pros: I picked this up late may of 2013 for a song, it easily handles XBMC at 1080p, along with the mdadm RAID 6 (6 Disk 1.5 TB) and torrent (transmission) that I setup, if anything its over kill, my rig idles at 90 Watts so not the best energy usage wise but a good deal
Cons: -775 is dead, if you have an older motherboard that uses this socket go for it, but dont buy a new motherboard to use this CPU
Other Thoughts: apparently this unit overclocks very well, all the way upto 3.9 Ghz, but with newer, better CPUs already about there is no real need to buy this unit unless you have some older hardware you want to use.
The stock cooler could be better, my unit Idels at 37*C, and under load at 55*C, the normal load period is very short (3-5 minutes at a time) for the task I have it setup doing. I'm not too worried about it, I plan on using it until something dies then I will replace it with an APU rig instead
Comments: I used this in my HTPC that runs Windows 7 and Boxee mostly. Works perfect.
Comments: Don' t="" bother="" upgrading="" to="" any="" of="" the="" new="" sandy="" bridge="" 'pentium'="" cpus="" if="" you="" already="" have="" any="" of="" the="" 'wolfdale'="" cpus.="" just="" overclock="" as="" much="" as="" you="" can="" and="" you="" should="" be="" set.="">
Pros: It is a lot faster than my Pentium 4.
Cons: Its not a Quad Core.
Other Thoughts: If your looking to upgrade from a single core to something a little better and you are on a budget, this is the chip for you. Not for hardcore computing but makes everyday tasks a lot faster.
Pros: Picked this up as a bundle deal with the Biostar G31 for a budget build.
Running Win7 32bit, and it does surprisingly well.
It obviously can not compete with a Core i7/i5 or even the higher end Core 2 Duos for that matter, so don't expect it to.
But none the less, for the price .. Excellent little CPU.
Makes for incredible Budget PC.
Not much more to be said about it :)
Albanian english dictionary app. Get translations into Albanian of English words and phrases, technical terms and specialized terminology, jargon and slang words.
Pros: No Problems so far.
Have it OC'ed to 3.5 GHz, hope to hit 4.0 once my crosair H70 comes
Other Thoughts: I think the system of putting the pins on the motherboard it kinda weird